Check Your MLA Works Cited Format
Once you paste your list of MLA citations into your document, correct these things if necessary:
- Your Works Cited page should appear at the end of the paper.
- Works Cited is centered 1 inch from the top of the page.
- Capitalize the first word of each title and all words in the title with the exception of the, at, to, in, a, etc.
- Double space the list, both between citations and within them.
- When a citation has more than one line, use a hanging indent. To do this, indent the second line, and every line thereafter, to the right five spaces.
- Alphabetize the entire list by the first word of each citation. This may be the author's last name or the first word in a title.
- If two or more citations are by the same author, only include the name in the first entry. Thereafter, in place of the name, type three hyphens, followed by a period and the title. Arrange the works listed under the same name in order alphabetically by title.