MLA Citation Worksheets
Please read before downloading your Citation Worksheets!
*The worksheets in English have been updated to match the 7th edition guidelines of the MLA Handbook. We will update the Spanish versions soon.
Each citation type fills a full or half page. For student use, you can
print multiple copies and for some cut them in half to save paper.
Guidelines for your MLA citation worksheets.
- PREVIEW: Be sure to use the "Preview" option for your printer prior to printing. Printers have a variety of print margins set so formatting may need to be corrected at your site.
- PRINTING: You can print the Print and Electronic resources on two different
colors to make it easier for students to understand which section of
Citation Maker to use as they work on them online.
Another suggestion, from Libby Hamler-Dupras, Myers Elementary in Salem, is to print each citation type on a different color making it easier for you to quickly grab the correct type being requested. Students can keep these "citation forms" in their folders until they are ready to enter them on the Citation Maker. Then they sort them by Print or Electronic for ease of entry.
- CITATION MAKER: After entering the resource into the Citation Maker, students could simply click on COPY ALL and then print the bibliographic information from the Citation Maker screen. This is an alternative to going through the process of copying and pasting the citations into a separate MS Word document. It also means that the Print and Electronic Resources will print on two separate sheets.
- Now you are ready to USE your citation worksheets. Please find them below.
To download a PDF version, click on below. For an RTF version, click on .
MLA Citation Worksheets:
- Hojas de Trabajo Españolas (Spanish Worksheets; based on MLA 6th Edition)
- Book (1 and 2 author/s)
- Book (none and 3 or more authors)
- Book (1 and 2 editor/s)
- Book (3 or more editors)
- Encyclopedia Article
- Magazine Article
- Newspaper Article