I Need to... Cite My Sources
Welcome to Citation Maker
You can use this tool to create a Works Cited list of research sources following the MLA standard citation format.
- Have your sources or notes about them ready for data entry.
- Click on the MLA Citation Maker link above.
- Select a "Source Type" from the list in the yellow box, and fill in the template that appears.
- Please read all of the instructions below before you get started.
- You must allow OSLIS pop-ups on your browser in order to use the Citation Maker templates.
- You do not need to enter citation punctuation because the templates will do that for you.
- Not all boxes need to be filled in for each citation. Only fill in the boxes that apply to a specific source.
- For an Internet source, you may need to look on the site’s home page or main page for the information necessary for a citation. The lengthy URL’s of specific articles should not be used.
- If you have sources with no author, sorting will not integrate them with the other citations properly, so you will have to copy and paste them into their correct alphabetical locations later.
- If you have a source which is not included on the "Source Type" list, adapt your information to the closest format and fill in what applies.
- Be aware that your citations are NOT saved from one session to another. When you choose "Copy All," you must copy and paste the results into a word processing document.